Recently I received a letter from one user of By The Numbers. I had posed a question in regards to marketing and how to convince business owners everywhere that they need to be knocking down our doors for the chance at a dynamite product that can make all the difference in running their businesses. Here's what I received:
By the Numbers Thoughts by One User
"Great points regarding By The Numbers:
The software works absolutely well in these manners for me:
a. I have no doubt what advertising works and what advertising does not work. This motivates me in these weird times with the third driest summer ever recorded for rain to keep trying to come up with a message that gets a response that will pay for itself.
b. It has also has helped me to make decisions regarding sales reps. Not enough leads, who should I keep and who should I let go? Example, the last person I wanted to let go (and would not have without the numbers) was (name withheld). The numbers left me no choice and did not allow me to use my personal prejudices or feelings in making that decision. So, I know that the leads we do have are being utilized the best they possibly can be.
The point I am making in the above statements is that I have absolutely no doubt that something will work and will work well regardless of what the economy is so I am not going to “lay down and die” like so many seem to be doing. I will find a way to thrive regardless of what is going on around us and By The Numbers helps me to be fearless in making the decisions that need to be made because I know when we are starting to “turn the tide” (which we are) By The Numbers will immediately let me know that it is starting to work (and it is letting me know)."
Well, I thought he pointed out some very good points here. Given the circumstances in the natural environment that obviously affect his business, he is still able to adjust his marketing to the times. It appears that he had a sales rep who he really didn't want to let go for whatever reason; however, being his decisions need to be based on what is good for the company instead of what he'd LIKE to do, he is unable to just turn a blind eye because those numbers are staring at him in black and white. Why wouldn't someone want to track? Allergic reaction to new systems? Managers don't want to be held accountable? I think it must be because owners simply don't understand the importance of numbers.
Guess I have to market to that. WINNERS KNOW THEIR NUMBERS!
Until next week, I wish you much success.
Susan
No comments:
Post a Comment